Even as FDI growth in China continued to grow Services at 15% and manufacturing at less than 5% , its inland provinces will soon get to be the majority FDI destination with the Eastern seaboard share falling below 50% this year.
This year despite teh statistics from the E&Y report the erstwhile no. 4 sector with 33 infra FDI projects is likely to become a major recipient of FDI in value terms thru dedicated Infra Funds incl the ADB-HSBC – IIFCL one
India no. 4 FDI Destination : E&Y
In India however, 146 Tech projects outbid the no. 2 industry in Retail and consumer as the single biggest contributor to FDI. For some strange reason India’s middle class/ consumer for the E&Y team stays stuck at the 2001 figure of 250 million even as it discuesses the Top 5 FDI destinations as those favored by Indian IT
The top five FDI destinations in India are Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi and Pune. They attract 43 per cent of the investment projects, 34 per cent of the jobs created and 26 per cent of the value of FDI in India.(BS report)
Auto and Healthcare were also pointed out as key destinations in the E&Y survey released by india head Rajeev Memani
The survey also points that private equity (PE) in India has significantly evolved over the last decade. It mentions that 2,000 Indian companies were funded by PE in the last five years and $50 billion was invested from 2007 to 2011. “Despite the ups and downs over the past decade, PE has emerged as a very important investor in India Inc and with the long term India growth story still intact, PE funds continue to look eagerly at investing in India, ” says the report.
The 49% FDI from Foreign partners in Aviation (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Food and Fertiliser Subsidies, No FDI, Oil bill and state elections (awardz.wordpress.com)
- 100% FDI in Single Brand Retail, Aviation and Multi Brand FDI also on the anvil (awardz.wordpress.com)
- FDI hungers for India’s growing consumer markets – What are the challenges? (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Overseas FDI by India reaches $45 bln (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Foreign Banks in India: India a good FDI destination in 2011 (awardz.wordpress.com)