As GSAM and a few others will willingly admit over the air, there is no return on your investment in China for a few more months. Of course the most important news of this market and it is affecting pre open rates as we speak is the Central bank liquidity thrust which has started in earnest even before the last obstacles toa Spanish bailout have been removed from ESM approvals to Spain’s own assessment and formal request. Bond buying in the 1-3 yr range by the ECB was announced at the monthly ECB meeting yesterday and was good news fo those already picking up 7% and 5.5% bargains in Spanish and Italian bonds. The resulting liquiddity esp as China is crushed under its own policy weight of the last twenty years is more investments in India.
However sooner or later more backing will be required for this rally as the BHEL and SAIL disinvestments look ticklishly unlikely despite Chidu’s best face on it. Bank nifty should be an important gainer if not today, tomorrow as 9850 was an important point of support.
- Late Morning Trading Strategies India September 03, 2012 (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report September 04, 2012: Whither Old friend! Not much further from 5250(awardz.wordpress.com)
- Investors are pleased with the ECB’s announcement, but the solution is only short term (itv.com)
- India Morning Report September 04, 2012: Whither Old friend! Not much further from 5250 (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report September 05, 2012: And this morning is just the same (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report July 22, 2012: Don’t go shorting the banks yet! (awardz.wordpress.com)