Last week’s beginnings after NMDC with Reliance Power’s 15 mln shares on offer, were followed by successful closings by Adani Ent(28 mln shares for INR 6 Bln), Eros, Bluedart, Honeywell and even institutional equity sales by Godrej and a PSE sale by Hindustan Copper. 2012 FII purchases have likely exceeded $25 Bln , near the high watermark of $30 Bln in 2010 and wiping out bad news 2011 though India’s Economic recovery is far from incomplete and some indicators even say unlikely to reach 8% again, as for China in the new post crisis developed world economics of a large base and limitations of progress (market expansion) show up. India’s model of the Hindu rate however has shown the fallacy of these being limiting factors and excuses since we took up reforms in 1991 but that was then.
Fixed income yields have not crawled back as fast as they could have after the upbeat
Credit Policy Tuesday but persistently high retail inflation is no longer the limiting cause of India’s problems and neither is a run on Oil prices likely
The Rupee meanwhile is right back up its repair drive crossing back into 55.1 on another start of flat equities to close the year while Maruti and Bajaj Auto climb relentlessly and let ITC and Bharti Airtel scrips slide on lack of interest without hurting the index prospects. Pharma continues to outperform while banks are likely to push for early clearing of margin debt and infraco debt resulting in portfolio sales proposals closing after those holding out for price start staring at
a bleak winter holdout, including those at GMR Infra and LANCO Infra. Why exactly is Lanco scrip moving up today at 10 am?
- India Morning Report: Really, you want BHEL and L&T back – the new bust cycle (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A Hindi speech for another wannabe and more such stable tenets of Indian realism. (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Another Week, Another Level ..(The Non Academically Superior Version..On An Everyday Beat) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Police disperse India gang-rape protests (guardian.co.uk)
- India Morning Report: Held off the report till Modi win was announced.. (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Currency Report: Rupee crosses 54 out again (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Infosys Bottom, IDFC reverts to upside, why so many shorts? (awardz.wordpress.com)