5850 levels would of course cede thru the week as correlation is reestablished and an agreement around the RBI call yesterday seems to have been on target to set the H2 rally in motion. Institutional investors have been selling the index futures hitherto a transparent look ahead hedge initiated for the select longs that have been holding the market above successive water marks since August 2012. Index futures selling aside, the Rupee move should also stop here at 58.50 or above that back at 57.90 whence long buying in scrips thought to be carrying their sectors and the indices are in fact treated to further quality buying
However in concrete terms shorts on Godrej are a great idea as are longs on ICICI Bank and M&M. The side tag wars of Godrej and M&M in scrip selection if any for both promoters based from ‘amchi mumbai’ are non existent primarily because fo the inconsequential daily volume of 304k in Godrej Industries and thus for your institutional desk it is a single trade scrip, one position ruling its trend and thus will be a short beyond 20 levels too if one wants. M&M and USL similarily lead the remaining value in the market as some smart promoter moves, especially the M&M deal with a foreign promoter scaling up its auto ancilliary units in a single consolidated operation. USL is as good as a iDFC but as the network pick presented (Dimensions?) it is in a strongly invested position. M&M is also important because consumption will also come back in the second half once the recovery is in play.
Banknifty drift is transcendental and unlikely to impact the prospects of private banks leading the rally. SS had a great pick in Dena Bank and PNB is also a great long. Air Asia and Jet Airways take off on new India inc rides that are definitely more significant than mere exploration with Ramadorai in the chair at Tony Fernandes’ Air Asia and SEBI following up rigorously on the 51% Naresh Goyal controlled Jet and the “???” Indian controlled FDI by Air Asia in almost an established Malaysian treason habit in India investments
The sudden jump in Gold imports still does not mean good redeeming news for Titan or the slip on the CAD but is probably a last hurrah of the clampdown/controls. Jubilant’s correction looks like could continue another 20% down after the move back from 1300 to 960 in pre-open today one also feels that shorts on REC or Jet are misplaced at these levels of 200 and 460 respectively. Buys on ITC and Bharti Airtel are likely t o hold for longer term though minor corrections from these levels as for YES Bank have to be watched for, including any newsy disruptions to them. FDI increases in Banking and other sectors ( though not Media or Legal sectors) are looking likely but within 2014 H1 after government formation is cleared and not in going away policy presents which would e intemperate for the coalition at this point and more importantly for India Inc.
- India Morning Report; Rupee hits final free fall, Equities avoid snag (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: 5750 is here and it’s Friday (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Markets advancing to 5850, fall back to 5750 likely (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Chidambaram kicks off mmtc 9.33% divestment (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Bank shine again yields to Yes Bank and ICICI Bank, IDFC and quality promoters in (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Godrej Interio to focus on retailing business (news.in.msn.com)
- India Morning Report: HDFC Bank gives way, KG D6 ‘honestly’ increasing output (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Emotions and Market Cycle (chartideas.wordpress.com)
- All matters on AirAsia’s India operations resolved: Ajit (rediff.com)
- Mittu Chandilya appointed chief executive of AirAsia India (news.in.msn.com)