Long targets have returned to traders even though no net position longs would be carried home at close as en early end to the bear festival on Thursday engendered a great change in mood across the three markets in Bonds and Government Debt, Currency and Equities. To remember despite the targets for a 10000 Banknifty and a 5400 Nifty uts ale in some quarters you should not take the change in sentiment to heart too early and endanger your precious capital as markets may take less than the 4 remaining sessions to send the Nifty and Bifty(Banknifty) options south on Calls and gaining more than 300% on Puts in the spirit of Open interest remaining strongly on the short end despite the offing of short positions yesterday. Sorry about sounding pessimistic as the bounce could be meant for serious investors but such blah is unlikely to save the India oriented investors in such traps as created by this early bounce back rush by the shorts themselves.
Sorry Mitesh and best of luck to those winning daily contests on predominantly long positions on the weekly close as indices at 5400 are not overvalued but the currency run is not complete and with the propensity of correlation binding all the different markets to be true for a market yielding negative returns one must suspect shorts to outweigh longs in the market and stay away. Banks are unlikely to have serious impediments to loan volumes at higher rates Credit growth reported for the first week of August returning to above 15%, a supremum for most markets above the size of $1-2 Bln per month in new credit Also banks are not going to be paying for the rising yields for time to come int he interests of financial stability keeping their share of GDP intact India’s FX reserves are in the bottom fold globally but a s a global Gold home market, it may continue a bounceback on days when Gold s indeed favored over withdrawal of global liquidity by OECD Central Banks with BOE Governor and BoJ unlikely to favor tightening despite the chance to follow the US into a change in stance after 5 years.
Equit y indices moving t 4700 lus will again erode value from the perfunctory jumped prices in IT s their Export oriented Metals and Pharma sectors get entrenched in investor psyche and Banks, Metals and eve Bajaj Auto, Bharti and ITC are likely to hold investor interest. Which makes it rosy peach for investments in IDFC and YES Bank while ICICI Bank may continue to list among the few advances ona daily basis making i easy for Bulls to survive the remaining stressed days till september series exits though 4700 levels could be accelerated to reach by mid September itself given the easy moves down in the Rupee by more than a Rupee each day to the Dollar
- India Morning Report: Markets swing to international sentiment on India (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: So the markets can’t stand on ceremony for you~ (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India morning Report: We live to hate the Ambanis (This week in Asia on The banking and strategy initiative;advantages.us) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: FDI flows bolstered in 13 sectors including Defence and Telecom (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: And after 5600, is 5500 ..then 5400, 5300, 5100, 4900, 4500, an on it goes pegging poor buyers.. (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: India regains investment preference in Asia, builds on 5900 (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Sun Pharma finally breaks stride (ha! Stride Arcolabs wins) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A dark light envelops India Markets as the longest tunnel is in play (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Rupee Drops to Record as Fed Minutes Signal Stimulus Taper – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- India Morning Report: The President of Rollbacks, and the nadir of the Rupee (awardz.wordpress.com)